Question

Report Designer - Translation Fields

• 12 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I want to change the translation of a field, but I don't know how to do it.

In Report Designer I added the field ‘CUST_REF’. The default description is the same as the field above ‘CUST_REF’. How can I change the description of this field on this report?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

This is usually easiest just by hardcoding the new label you want into the report (although if you have multiple language requirements that is an extra challenge) :flag_lu:

So you’re getting rid of the dynamic label field and replacing it with a text field.

It’s considerably more effort to try to change the translation within the report logic.

Badge +6

Hi @paul harland ,

Thank you for your response. We use multiple languages for our documents, so I don't think it is efficient to change the labels on all the fields that are not correctly translated.

I prefer a solution at the source, that once the translation is set, the field will be presented correctly on each report. Do you know where and/or how I could change that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @bnzKarin 

that’s beyond my abilities, but as far as i know you have 2 options - either make changes to the specific report’s RPI, that is, the package of code that generates the data for this report; or modify the underlying translations in IFS, in which case I think the change would affect multiple reports.

But maybe a developer on here can advise better.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

You should head to Translation Manager>Text Translations, find the correct one, do the change and then refresh language cache (might take couple mins.)