Question

Remove Customers?

• 26 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

I would like how to manage/maintain the customers account not valid anymore in IFS.

In many cases it is impossible to delete this form system as there are other records (as business opportunities or leads) assigned to these customers.

For now we created technical (not existing) sales rep but maybe there is better way to manage it.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We don’t use it, but I imagine it work the same as on Suppliers (Which we do use).  On this tab you can enter an Expire Date.  On Suppliers it prevents further transactions from taking place after the date entered:

Badge +3

Thank you! to clarify - if we will expire the Customer it will mean sales reps will not be able to edit this customer as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @EBurrowsCS 

if you’ve already created objects (customer order, sales quotation ...) then you can’t remove it. Only thing you can do is to set an expire date like @cynthia.wilson  mentioned.

If you set it the user can’t see it if he try to create an object. You can test it on your test environment. 

Badge +3

The customer is still editable after an expiry date has been added, any ideas how to prevent anything from being done to a customer record even after the expiry date has been added? 

Yesterday I created test account in DEV and I expired this account with the same date.

Today I have logged into Aurena and I was bale to find/edit/create Business Opportunities regarding this account.

I would like to make sure no further record will be added to legacy customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @EBurrowsCS 

of course the customer is editable but you shouldn’t be able to see it, if you create a customer order or sales quotation.

You can’t lock the customer to prevent adding new records or do any changes.

Badge +3

Is there anyway to better manage the records?

In many cases it is impossible to delete this form system as there are other records (as business opportunities or leads) assigned to these customers.

For now we created technical (not existing) sales rep but is there a better way to manage it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @EBurrowsCS 

if you set the expire date what can go wrong? You can’t use it anymore.

Maybe you can mark the customer name with “NOT USE” or something else.

Unfortunately, I don’t know an other way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you want to close the update of any of the data on the customer, you will have to prepare an event for each and every view that is connected to the customer (think of CUSTOMER_INFO, CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS, CUSTOMER_INFO_CONTACT, etc). The event would check the expiry date and if current date higher than available expiration date a message should be shown to user that update or addition of data (think of contacts being added) is not allowed due to expiration.

Bear in mind to have an escape user id in the event (super user or application maintenance team) that is allowed to bypass this check and can remove the expiry date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

To avoid anyone to edit the customer, I would block it in the user roles. Also, I would hide the field Expire date by user base profile, so users with no rights to do that won’t be able to change it.

On the other side, in order to block the creation of Business Opportunities, you can create a custom event that raises an error once checking the Expire Date. For other records like Sales Quotations or Customer Orders, system will block the creation itself if customer is expired.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Pilar