Remote warehouse refill when no stock are available IFS CLOUD

• 30 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

HI, 

I setup a remote warehouse with min & max quantities for refill.

when I launch the “refill putaway zones” batch, it works well when there’s stock available in the main warehouses from where the remotes one have to be refilled (transport tasks are generated). 

But I have the feeling that “nothing happens” when there’s no available stock in main warehouse to refill remote warehouses. 

Is there a screen to identify such shortages (1) and eventually to generate purchase order to mitigate stock unavailability (2) ? 

Thanks for your answer.

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 31 August 2021, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Today you either refill from inventory using transport task or from supplier using purchase order. As you write the transport task can only handle when there is stock available otherwise no transport task is created. There is no logic as far as I know that start to use purchase order if no available stock.

However for coming IFS Cloud release, we are right now looking into the possibility of having the refill generating a Shipment Order instead of a transport task. The Shipment Order is new from IFS Cloud 21R1 and is like a “purchase order” against your own inventory. This means that you can create the Shipment Order no matter if there are available stock or not. The Shipment Order will then be a demand in the site which the planning engines will consider and generate a supply to the site.

I hope this would solve your problem? 

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 
Thanks for your answer. 
Is there any documentation existing about shipment order ? 
May i also hask you to explain how to setup remote WH to generate a shipment order during automatic refill instead of a “basic” transport task ?
Thanks a lot for your support & reactivity.
BR.
Baptiste.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Here is a short video about the Shipment Order:

In addition to this it is mentioned in the news presentation for 21R1:

Besides I think it is included here:

Best Regards

Fredrik

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 
Thanks a lot for the support & the docs, it’s now much more clear.
Whereas when I start my automatic refill for remote WH, I only have transport tasks generated. 
It seems Shipment order have to be created manually. 
Am I wrong ? Any specific setup to perform ? 
Thanks in advance.
Baptiste.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, in current version you have to create the Shipment Orders manually. In current version you can choose between transport task and purchase order. We are planning on giving the option to also choose to use shipment order in coming release or the release after.