Question

How to receive Txt to be printed in Customer Documents from Incoming Order Message

• 28 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We are using Incoming Customer Order Messages for receiving Customer Orders from External Customers. We need to have texts received from Customer that should be printed in Order Confirmation line, Delivery Note line and Customer Invoice line. Such as customers project numbers and other references. There is an option to Receive Line notes, but they are not printed anywhere. So basically, we should be able to receive Document Texts with some default Output Types. 

Is there any solution for this? I cannot see any option to receive anything that would be printed on documents via Incoming Order Message. 

WE have IFS App10 Upd15 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

You can indeed receive a ‘Label Note’ from an incoming customer order. This however is for the whole customer order, and would be printed by default on IFS standard layout.

Incoming CO

Customer Order/Order Details/ External CO Label Note

IFS Standard confirmation report

(that being said, if you are using your own Crystal of Report designer reports, you would be able to create custom fields to receive incoming line level text to customer order lines, and print these custom fields in your customized reports at line level)

Hope this helps

Asanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Asanka,

We are using that label note for other purposes already and as you say it is in header level. We are using report designer and custom fields on layouts. But how can you receive content custom fields in incoming order message? I cannot find anything about that in the documentation. 

Br, Jarkko 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I was thinking of having custom files in customer order line, that corresponds to the relevant text line in the incoming customer order line/ received text field, not a custom field in incoming CO line. I have not tested but I think a reference field would work for you.

Thanks

Asanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not understand how you think this process would go? Hoe would we get that text to that Custom Field? In our process external Customer enters the text in their order. Then they send it to us via incoming orders and CO is created automatically by the process. No one touches it manually. So how can we get the text in CO line Custom Field if we are not adding custom fields in incoming order message?

Br, Jarkko    

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

(firstly I am not an IFS employee. Was just trying to help a fellow user)

Custom fields can be created to be read-only fields that are automatically filled using reference, select queries or methods. If you set up a read only custom field in customer order line, to get filled from the applicable source incoming customer order line notes (or the note text in CO line if that is passed down), you do not need anyone manually working on it.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for the comment. So there is no way to get any custom fields delivered directly in the message. This is exactly how I thought it is. This is the way we are planning to solve the problem.

1. Customer will add in our Webshop that free text in Webshop text field 
  2. Webshop logic will place text in Customer Order line note for incoming order message. Separated from other Notes with special characters such as ¤
  3. When new CO line is created from Webshop using Incoming Order message an event will trigger an event action that looks for those tags in CO line notes.
  4. If text is found that action will create Document text for the CO line with predefined document text type that will print on desired documents using standard IFS logic.