Question

How to close old Customer Orders when Quantities are different

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We have hundreds of old customer orders that need closed but we can’t?  The sales Qty is greater than the delivered Qty and invoiced Qty. Is this an R&D issue? Example; customer ordered Qty(4), we delivered and invoiced Qty(1) and now the order is so old the customer does not want the remaining Qty(3) or the customer no longer exists. 

How can we clean up these orders?

Thank you,

Different Qty

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @arebbeadle

What is the order header status?

You can also try Cleanup of customer orders job

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have you tried changing the sales qty to match the delivery qty on the line?  What happens if you RMB on the line to close order line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @jabous stated above, changing the Sales Qty to match with Invoice Qty should bring the order to Invoiced/Closed state

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @arebbeadle , 

If you use the option Right click CO header > Close order, the sales quantity will be updated automatically and order status goes to Invoiced/Closed.

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The Order header is Delivered. We don’t want to delete the orders just want to close them properly.

If try to change sales qty to match we get this message:

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What is the supply code of your customer order lines with the above error?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Close Order is not available. It is greyed out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Supply code is Invent Order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What IFS version & update are you on?  I am going to see if I can find a bug for you error.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We are on Apps9 Upd 6 currently but we are upgrading to Apps10 Upd 11. It would be nice to clean up orders before upgrade.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I think you we will have to correct the Sales Qty, Line Status and Header Status through a data correction.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Community

I am also facing similar issue ..

Require your help.

Regards,

Deepak

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We upgraded to APPS10 in September but I have not tried to fix in APPS10 yet, I’ll probably request a data fix if it does not work as discribed in this thread.

I will update on what I find.

Bruce

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi

I assume you have made partial delivery of said order lines (ie: sales qty 5, delivered qty 3) and then executed RMB-Close order lines\Close Order, there by order line status was updated as ‘Delivered’.

Upon RMB-Close order line\close order on partially delivered order line \order
     -    Order line\header goes to delivered state, without making sales qty equal to delivered qty.        However you can manually update sales qty when the order line is in partially delivered state. This is the existing functionality.
     -    If there are unpicked reservations, those will be cleared.

After manual closure of order\lines as above
-you cannot reduce sales qty due to error “Sales quantity may not be updated on Delivered order lines”
-RMB Close order line is no longer available as it has been already executed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Rangi Wijewardana  Hello,

Am I understanding you correctly if we executed RMB-Close order lines\Close Order, there by order line status was updated as ‘Delivered’, this will be the final status for the Order? How can we get it to status “Invoiced”? If the status was partially delivered I would change the sales quantity to match what was already invoiced and then the line status would automatically change to Invoiced when saved. It does not seem right for the final status of an order to be ‘Delivered’.

Please let me know,

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@arebbeadle Sorry for the confusion. Above scenario I described is when there is no invoice (invoice qty 0 ) ie. Sales qty=5pcs, delivered 3pcs, RMB close order line->Then, order line status changed from Partially Delivered→ Delivered

Then I create customer invoice-Status changed from Delivered to Invoiced/Closed, invoiced qty=Delivered qty

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Rangi Wijewardana ,

I do understand the senario you described. My senario the lines status is Delivered and the Sales Qty does not match Invoice Qty. Can anything else be done to change the order status to Invoiced

Thank you,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @arebbeadle , is the “Delivered Qty” of both lines also 2 ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Ravinatha Ariyarathna ,

Delivered Qty is 1 on both lines, you can see below screen shot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@arebbeadle  I believe we need to correct this through a data correction. You may send us a Support ticket. Thanks.