Question

Customer Order line not invoicing

• 16 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

VS10 - I have customer order lines only going to Delivered State and not allowing me to invoice.   The customer is Internal customer and all settings are set up as our VS8 database but all my orders in VS10 just stop at state Delivered ??

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @klorimer , 

Have you checked the customer invoice type in Customer > Order >Misc Info> Invoice type?

Is it set to Normal invoice?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Lahiru

Yes Customer>Order>Misc Info > Invoice type is set to Normal invoice

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@klorimer , 

Is Create invoice option is not enabled in Quick order flow handling window?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

No, on quick order flow I only get option to deliver, 

I have since changed my customer order invoicing option from internal to external and I can create invoice but this is not want I want my customer to be set as.Need to understand why this does not work with Internal as previously stated all settings as per VS8

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have carried out some investigations and I have found that the open sales orders migrated in to VS10 Test environment have imported in as Price Source “Manual” therefore Part Price/Curr is 0.00 , do you think this would have an impact on the invoicing status .   I have added a part line manually and the price source populated is “Sales Part” and this order line invoiced/closed as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @klorimer , sorry for the late reply. I don’t think that price source would matter on the status of the customer order.

As you are dealing with some, orders which are migrated from V8, I believe further investigations are needed here. I would suggest you to raise a case with IFS Global support if this issue continues. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Could you check if Self-billing or Invoice Blocked is checked in Customer Order Lines?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @ShadowWizard 

The Self Billing or Invoice Blocked is not checked on Customer Order Lines .  I believe the problem lies with the migration import of Customer Order Lines as Price Source “Manual”

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@klorimer Thank you for the quick response. Could you confirm that the two sites (internal customer and demand site) are from different companies?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @ShadowWizard , the internal sites are within the same company but they are using 2 seperate accounting systems at present.  We are currently upgrading only 1 division of our Company to VS10 , the other divisions are using a different system.   Set up in VS10 is as per VS8 , which goes through the order/invoicing as expected .  When I manually add a line the customer invoicing works as expected but the migrated orders in to our test 10 database is not going through to invoicing. Hence my suggestion that it is a migration error from our VS8 database to VS10 test database.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@klorimer IFS standard functionality does not invoice customers in the same company (if sites in matter in IFS belong to same company). But I believe your configuration is very specific to your business and needs to be observed more closer and I recommend that this is reported to your local consulting organization or partner (if it is migration related issue) or global support (if you believe it is an application fault) as suggested by @Lahiru Dissanayake