Question

Contractual Performance Withholding and Warranty Retention

• 25 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We have agreements with some of the customers and sub contractors we are working with for some of the services we deliver with regards to the payments they owe us [We don’t use Customer Agreement functionality in IFS yet and in App9] 

1. Invoce 1: There’s a down payment for € 1,000 + 19% VAT - When the CO is released, this has to be settled by the Custmer
  2.  Invoice 2: At an agreed milestone with the cutomer [Note that the customer retains 10% contractual withholding cost of € 2,200]

1. Invoice 3: At another milestone of delivering more quantities of the 2 services [Note that the quantities here are cumulative, so is the 10% Contractual Performance Withholding retention by the customer which makes the total retention is € 6,750 only at this point by the customer

1. Invoice 4 [Final Invoice] - The services are fully delivered now and the rention goes down to 5% only via a new item called Warrenty Retention, meaning that the balance between € 6,750 and € 5,400 is returned by the customer now

This € 5,400 however is retained by the customer for a period of 5 years and then only returned, given that our delivered services are not interrupted. By this time, the customer agreement is closed and the CO is also closed possibly. 

My question is, how to tackle this customer retetion in IFS? For the invoicing part, we could use Staged Billing I believe and am ok with that funcationality. How should we account for this 5% and 10% retentions [should be 2 items ideally] Do you recommend us use the Customer Agreement functionality in IFS? 

Thanks! 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Asela Munasinghe ,

Is it possible to use Sales Contracts because we have well established retention functionality in sales contracts where you can manage both interim & final retentions. 

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@EqeMithuV ok, I need to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @EqeMithuV could you please explain how the withholding retention can be applied to the Sales Contract / Application for Payment [AFP] ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Managed to get this sorted via 2 of my former IFS colleagues and Project Experts @Sreenath Neelawathura and @Tharindu Illangasinghe 

Retentions can be recorded here

Also based on the Valuation, the retentions can be released in the AFP

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You are welcome @Asela Munasinghe  🙂

Glad to help you.