Question

Closing Cstomer Orders without invoicing

• 22 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have a client who is using Projects in Cloud and wants to invoice from the project based on project milestones. We need to use Customer Orders for shipping and export documentation.

Is there a way to close the Customer ORder without invoicing?

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

IFS does have ‘close’ customer order/line option but its for saying, we will not do any more deliveries, rather than to say we will not invoice. So its not for you.

There is a ‘invoice blocked’ checkbox in the customer order line to exclude order lines from invoicing. However this will not solve your issue as later on, you will not be able to close your projects due to ‘Delivered’ customer order lines (I have not checked if IFS has allowed project closing with delivered lines in newer versions)

How about creating zero value invoices for these orders?

You can have the price as zero so the posted invoices would automatically be considered as paid without your customer needing to make a payment. You would also need to check if you are sending printed invoices automatically to customers, and not do so for these invoices to avoid confusions.

Hope this helps

Asanka

Badge +1

Hi.

One question related with your case because I have the same situation; a customer that invoices through an invoicing plan connected to a project activity. 

How do you disconnect the customer order line revenue from project activities. I mean, as you know, when you connect a customer order line, the revenue for that line is transfered to the project but if you are going to invoice with an invoicing plan you woul have the revenue in your project duplicated.

Badge +1

Hi.

Answering the original question: I have a customer with the same issue and they make a custom menu in the customer order header “Close COL Not Invociables”. The event check the fields Invoice Blocked and Status to change, in fact, the Satus field to “Invoiced/Closed”.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @GlendaT any solution for your requirement?

I am having the same issue with one of our client? 

Thanks,

Chamath