Question

Calendar Sync Configuration

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all

Does someone want to explain how I can use this functionnality please?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer

BR

Christèle

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @K4uChrisC 

which function do you mean and on which IFS version?

Can you provide a screenshot?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,
The Outlook Calendar Sync is used to synchronize appointments in your outlook calendar with Business Activities in CRM. By creating an activity from an outlook meeting using the CRM-panel (outlook add-in) you get a business activity in IFS which is connected to the outlook meeting. If you update the subject, time or attendees list in the outlook appointment your changes will be reflected in the business activity. As a prerequisite you need to configure the sync properly in the Calendar Sync Configuration page (according to instructions in technical documentation). 

Best Regards,
Anna

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,
The Outlook Calendar Sync is used to synchronize appointments in your outlook calendar with Business Activities in CRM. By creating an activity from an outlook meeting using the CRM-panel (outlook add-in) you get a business activity in IFS which is connected to the outlook meeting. If you update the subject, time or attendees list in the outlook appointment your changes will be reflected in the business activity. As a prerequisite you need to configure the sync properly in the Calendar Sync Configuration page (according to instructions in technical documentation). 

Best Regards,
Anna

OK, thank you. This means it exists in IFS Cloud only since we have App10.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It is there in Apps10 also but it was released in an update so it is not available in the first versions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I am impressed. If you have a document, please provide it. :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

View the screen as below :

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Best Regards,
Anna

Have you got the technical documentation ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This is the link to the technical documentation https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/ and the section about Outlook Calendar Sync:
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/130_add-on_cmp/rmpanl/OutlookCalendarSynchronizer.htm 
Hope you can access it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Annjse ,

I'm also having trouble configuring Outlook calendar synchronization.
Can anyone help us with this Community? : 

Thanks in advance,
Théo

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Theo,

What is the exact issue? Have you gone through the instructions and the troubleshooting section in the technical documentation?

/Anna

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Annjse,

The application in Azure AD has been created, as has the login information in IFS Cloud. The user concerned is active, the permission set assigned to the right person.
Only, when I try to synchronize, nothing happens. I have no information in the "Calendar Sync Log" screen.
I've checked the documentation, I can't see what's missing.
Thanks in advance,
Théo

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @TheoB ,

Better if you can check the container logs and share it. It should have some more logs about sync. Usually when you have activated SYNC_Master we need to restart the rmpanel container.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Masheesh ,

The rmpanel container was restarted and I finally got some info in the log screen: 

IFS doesn't seem to be able to communicate with Azure AD, do you think that's true?
Thanks in advance,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @TheoB ,

Could you please recheck the values given in calendar sync configuration page mainly tenant id, client id (application id) and client secret ( good to re-enter and save the secret in this page and see). No need to restart the container if values are correct then it should work after wards.

Note: We have done some changes related how secrets are saved. So good to re-enter the value again and see .

Also hope you have setup other configurations in Azure Ad like application consent, etc according to installation guide.

Best regards

Masheesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Masheesh 

Thank you for this information.

I tried to change the login information to the application and now I have an error 400 :

Do you know where the problem could be coming from?

For information, for the users concerned by the synchro, I've entered their AD e-mail address in the "Directory ID" field. 
Does the feature map between Azure AD & IFS using this field?
Also, the Azure AD used must be the same as the one configured for the IFS connection (in the "IAM Identity Providers" screen).

Thanks in advance,

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

There was a problem with secrecy... everything works now. :) 

Thanks a lot for your help!
Théo

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,
I'd like to come back to this subject.
We have continued to run tests on our environment, and the synchronization always stops after a few minutes.
We have to restart the associated kubernetes service.
Do you have a solution?
Thanks

IFS Cloud version : 22R2 SU7