Solved

Source Data Migration with Function Calls

• 20 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

At the end of the year we update our labor times on the routings from spreadsheets that are based on actual clockings during the prior year. I was trying to setup migration jobs to handle the entry back into IFS and I’m hitting  a road block on it. Probably missing something trivial. The input file has the site, part number, operation no and the new labor run time. I need to use functions to find the latest revision and to convert the operation no to operation id. From what I’m seeing in the debugger it looks like it isn’t saving the function call results. Below is the setup for the Source Migration job.

Thanks in advance for any help with this,

-Lane

Source Mapping​​​​​
Method List

Method List Attribute 10
Method List Attribute 20
Method List Attribute 30

icon

Best answer by Lane 20 November 2019, 18:19

View original

4 replies

Badge

i was also looking for the same

Userlevel 7

Thanks Rusiru,

It didn’t work but it made me re-examine things. Instead of M I needed Manufacturing spelled out in both of the Function Calls. I couldn’t put the function calls in the source column because it forces everything to uppercase and Manufacturing needs to be in mixed case. Also needed to take the quotes of the default values on the method attributes for the modify call in 30.

Just a small tip, when you need to maintain mixed case you can stick the value in the 'Default Value' instead of 'Source column' as the logic will do NVL(Source column, default value). 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Rusiru,

It didn’t work but it made me re-examine things. Instead of M I needed Manufacturing spelled out in both of the Function Calls. I couldn’t put the function calls in the source column because it forces everything to uppercase and Manufacturing needs to be in mixed case. Also needed to take the quotes of the default values on the method attributes for the modify call in 30.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Can you try setting the method name as the source column with required parameters? Do not set it as a method in method list.

Let me know if this gives different problem or doesn't work.