Question

Excel Migration Job - Help to delete/remove records

• 19 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Community,

Is it possible to delete/remove records using an excel migration job? I’m trying to delete/remove users for WaDaCo processes but unfortunately i cannot solve it.. I have added ‘DATA_CAPT_CONF_VALID_USER_API.Remove__’ in the Method List. 

An example could be to delete/remove all users for our scanner ID6:

The migration job has the current setup: 

I’ve also tried different setups. Example in the method lists to use ‘%’ in Column value and DUMMY in Column Name. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Basically you can execute any procedure from the Migration Job. So what you did should be possible. However you do need to map the right keys into the remove procedure. e.g. it's asking for OBJID, OBJVERSION and ACTION (Action is ‘DO’). But they are not mapped. Both Source Column and Default value are empty. If you map the columns i think it should work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @MiLeNL 

I didn’t manage to create an excel_migration job which can delete records for scanner users. I tried to use a different migration job and was able to delete records with it. Instead i used a MIGRATE_SOURCE_DATA job and created two sql codes for deleting all records or only some of the users to a specific scanner. 

Appreciate your input - even though i didn’t manage to make it work through the excel_migration job. Thanks!

Br