Question

Data Migration Manager - Circular reference of basic Data and unable to validate and approve the data

• 3 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

IFS 22R1

We came across one issue in Data Migration Manager where we found circular reference of tables while validating Basic Data and unable to validate the Basic Data

COMPANY_FINANCE being used as reference table for few other basic Data target tables. While validating COMPANY_FINANCE data, it is referring to CURRENCY_TYPE which also requires validation.

On validating CURRENCY_TYPE, it is referring to COMPANY_FINANCE and also CURRENCY_CODE.

CURRENCY_CODE also referring to COMPANY_FINANCE, seems like Circular reference and unbale validate basic Data for these target tables.

Any suggestion how we should be resolving this issue

screen shot attached for reference

Thanks,

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @NishithDas,

as a workaround you can deactviate the basic data validation for a target table e.g. CURRENCY_CODE

This can be done in the target table definition by setting the Validate Basic Data Flag to no

Afterwards you should be apply to succesfully validate and approve the basic data for CURRENCY_CODE
And if currency code is approved you can proceed with COMPANY_FINANCE

BR
Martina

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@NishithDas 
I would probaly say better way is to deactivate flags for basic data validation for COMPANY_FINANCE

Badge +4

Hi Makede,

Thanks for the input and as suggested I have removed Basic Data Validation for COMPANY_FINANCE from CURRENCY_CODE as well as CURRENCY_TYPE and I am now managed to validate and approve the basic data for all three target tables

Regards,

Nishith

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

We have encountered this problem.
Is it due to incorrect settings in the template file?
Is there a button/option to correct the problem? (without using the "Validate Basic Data" button.
In 23R1, the problem is still present.