Question

Why is CO line with supply code Purch Order Trans fetched by PMRP?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 5 replies

Purchase Order Trans supply code on CO should normally mean manual purchasing. Yet when CO is not released yet (thus purchase requisition not yet generated), the lines are fetched by PMRP system. Is that normal functionality because to me it sounds as a bug in the system? Thank you in advance for any feedback. Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please check Sourcing option in Sales Part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Purchase Order Trans supply code on CO should normally mean manual purchasing. Yet when CO is not released yet (thus purchase requisition not yet generated), the lines are fetched by PMRP system. Is that normal functionality because to me it sounds as a bug in the system? Thank you in advance for any feedback. Regards

Editing my comment - Please refer Malsha’s reply. That is spot on!

Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi ,

Please check whether “Release for Mtrl Planning” is checked on the CO line.

As per the help text, This check box is selected by default when entering a customer order line, and also when the customer order header is released. If this check box is not selected, the customer order line will not be plannable and it will not be seen as a demand by different planning engines like MRP, PMRP, MS, order proposal and next level demand. Also if this check box is not selected the customer order line will not be considered for shortage calculation, CTP and also pegged supplies will not be created from different supply codes.

Malsha

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Dear Malsha,

thank you for the reply. I am indeed aware of Mtrl option. Nevertheless, I considered the whole time that Purch Order Trans acts the same as None/Purchase Sourcing option on Engineering part level, meaning manual purchase. If the system is fetching even Purchase Order Trans into PMRP, what is then the difference with Project Inventory sourcing option and Purchase Order Trans? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Magda,

Since the pegged supply hasn’t created yet in the CO line, therefore, there is not any difference between the Project Inventory sourcing option and Purchase Order Trans because the CO line supply option can be changed at any time before it released.

If you run PMRP after CO is released then it won’t be created any duplicate supply.

So, if you need to run PMRP before the pegged supply generates then as a workaround you can refer to the above instructions (Malsha’s comments).

Best Regards,

Indika

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you all.