Solved

WADACO - Client questions (Apps 10 Aurena and mobile clients)

• 12 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I have a couple of questions about the clients on Apps 10 and Aurena: 

• When will there be a fully functional Warehouse Data Collection client on IFS Aurena? Release Notes says that the client that you released on Aurena can’t be used in production. 
  • For a long time there has been requirements for new WADACO mobile clients to support Windows 10 Phone and iOS. Are you planning to release that on IFS Applications 10?
  • If yes, will you also replace the Scan It client with a new client? If so, what impact will that have on Touch Apps? Will a Touch Apps server still be required with a new client? 

Best regards

Sebastian

icon

Best answer by AnnaH 23 April 2020, 17:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry for delaying my answer. We’ve been working on getting the Aurena Native apps ready for release.

In IFS Applications 10 Update 8 there will be an Aurena Native Android app ready to use. We are also working on both an iOS app and a Windows app but there are some final touches needed before they are ready for release.

There are also some improvements to Warehouse Data Collection on IFS Aurena, but there are still adjustments needed. We will also include a possibility to export and import configurations in Aurena IFS Applications 10 update 8.

For IFS Applications 10 Touch App Server is required to be able to use the Scan It apps.

KRgds, Anna

Badge +2

Thanks for the answer Anna! 

Can you please describe how the communication works between the new native apps and the application server? As I understand IFS Touch Apps will not be needed for the new native apps!?

Best regards Sebastian

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the answer Anna! 

Can you please describe how the communication works between the new native apps and the application server? As I understand IFS Touch Apps will not be needed for the new native apps!?

Best regards Sebastian

All Touch Apps and Aurena Native apps still require the Touch App Server to communicate with the server for Apps10.