Solved

User Access Permission at warehouse Level

• 22 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Kindly we are in need in SCM to have access permission at warehouse level within site, we have a branch which it is a site , the branch has 2 warehouses, how we control the access permissions per user per warehouse or location. I s there any way or workaround in IFS10 to have it.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Indika Alwis 25 May 2021, 08:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bldrayi,

As per my knowledge warehouse level access control is only available for a remote warehouse. So unless you define this particular warehouse as a remote warehouse you will only have access control at site level.

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi,

I think there is no such option in IFS10 to restrict a specific user to work with specific warehouses. But there is a slight possibility that we can restrict a specific user using basic settings.

The suggested solution drills down to the Warehouse location group level

Go to the warehouse basic data

=> Create a warehouse worker

=> Assign the working locations for that worker

=> Create a warehouse worker group using the assigned working locations

=> Assign warehouse task for that worker group

Go to the Manage Warehouse task window

=> It will display all the created tasks

=> Assign a particular task to the user

More information you can see when you open the Warehouse Task window then press F1 to see it window help.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bldrayi ,

If you are using IFS Global Extension or any Extension among Country Solution for Czech Republic,  Hungary,  Poland or Slovakia you have the option of using form ‘Inventory Access Basic Data’.

Check whether you have this form/ window. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately I don’t have this form/window. Kindly how I can get it? Our IFS is IFS10 UPD8.

Best Regards,

Bilal Drayi

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Indika,

Thank you very much.

Kindy can you tell me how I can add or created a task for a worker in IF10 as to don’t find such way.

Best Regards,

Bilal Drayi

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Bilal,

First, you need to do the warehouse task basic data setup, for that, you can refer to F1 help documentation ( open the Warehouse Task window then press F1 to see it window help).

Also herewith attached a Warehouse Task training ppt which I used for newcomers. This will help you to understand the warehouse task concept.

BR,

Indika

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @bldrayi ,

If you are using IFS Global Extension or any Extension among Country Solution for Czech Republic,  Hungary,  Poland or Slovakia you have the option of using form ‘Inventory Access Basic Data’.

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura so is this something limited to a few country extensions? Why so? I am curious because we are also planning to implement a few Warahouse setups in the Europe and I am wondering is this is a regulatory requirement for Europe. Please let me know. By the way, we are also not using any of those extensions at the moment, but would love to learn more about this setup.