Solved

Transport Task

• 7 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi,

can we create a transport task without reserving stock in apps 10.

thanks shahid nawaz

icon

Best answer by Fredrik Johansson LKP 8 January 2020, 14:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

This is not possible in APPS10. We are currently developing a way to request movement of parts between sites and remote warehouse. Then this request is handled via the shipment i.e. reserve, create pick list, pick, print shipping documents etc. Once delivered you do receipt via the normal receipt process. I hope this is a bit what you are asking for? Not sure when this will be available.

//Fredrik

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

to WMS (Warehouse managment system) i.e. 3rd party,

we want to pass parts movement request between two warehouse without reservation.

But  Transport task  does reservation immediately.

Any solution for it?

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Are these warehouses in different sites? Then perhaps Distribution Order could be used. If it is warehoused within the same site, there is no solution for this out of the box in the core APPS10 as far as I see it.

For your information there has been another post regarding WMS integration:

https://community.ifs.com/selling-all-about-engaging-with-your-customers-39/wms-integration-559

Regards

Fredrik

Badge +2

This is not possible in APPS10. We are currently developing a way to request movement of parts between sites and remote warehouse. Then this request is handled via the shipment i.e. reserve, create pick list, pick, print shipping documents etc. Once delivered you do receipt via the normal receipt process. I hope this is a bit what you are asking for? Not sure when this will be available.

//Fredrik

Hi Fred…

Any update on this? I need this for my case where i need to move between location with shipment transport task. 

//Ode

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Ode,

In IFS Cloud 2020R1 we will release a first version of a new concept that we call Shipment Order. It will be something between Transport Task and Distribution Order. With the following characteristics:

• Will use existing Shipment/Receipt processes
  • Can move parts between sites and/or remote warehouses
  • Can be entered without reserving and be considered as supply/demand
  • No need for basic data related to trade e.g. Sales Part, Purchase Part

In first version you can manually enter stand alone Shipment Orders and execute those. In the future the plan is to use this new tool to solve multiple functional scenarios.

//Fredrik

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Ode,

In IFS Cloud 2020R1 we will release a first version of a new concept that we call Shipment Order. It will be something between Transport Task and Distribution Order. With the following characteristics:

• Will use existing Shipment/Receipt processes
  • Can move parts between sites and/or remote warehouses
  • Can be entered without reserving and be considered as supply/demand
  • No need for basic data related to trade e.g. Sales Part, Purchase Part

In first version you can manually enter stand alone Shipment Orders and execute those. In the future the plan is to use this new tool to solve multiple functional scenarios.

//Fredrik

Hi Fred,

This sounds exactly like what I was looking for. Are there any resources for me to study this before implementing? We are an App10 UPD9 customer at the moment. 

Cheers,

Enzo