Solved

Tracing MRP Purchase Requisition tied to a Work Order

• 24 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Is it possibly to set up the MRP Run/Action proposals to differentiate between demand from parts on a Work Order and from parts below safety stock?

The reason why I am asking is that after I added components to the Work Order (Materials Tab) and ran the MRP, they Purchase Requisition shows up with MRP as Requisitioner (ideally I would like to have the work order number on this field to make it easier for tracking stock replenisment orders and  orders against a W.O.)

I know that if parts are added directly on the Work Order/ Requisitions tab, this information is carried accross and the Purchase Requisition is flagged with Requisitioner as WO, but I am trying to get this same function through the Work Order/ Materials tab.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 6 March 2021, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, I don’t think there is any way to do what you are asking.  The indication that MRP planned the part means just that, the process that revealed the demand and created the requisition was MRP.  Likewise, when the item is added manually to the Work Order, the process that revealed the demand and created the requisition was WO.  If the requisition was created manually, the user id of the creator would show in that field.  That is the functionality of the field. It can’t show the differences on the source of the demand whether work order, safety stock, or manual.