Question

Time Phased Safety Stock

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

In IFS10 there is in inventory part planning data Time Phased Safety Stock. Can it be used without IRP module? I tried to set it up to purchase raw parts and run MRP,  but there was no demand to fullfill the buffer.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Mirja. Yes you should be able to use Time Phased Safety Stock without IPR.

If you look into MRP Part Information screen:

1. Do you see the part in the header portion? Do you have any qty on hand (Beginning Onhand field)
  2. Do you have anything in the Gross Requirements tab?
  3. Please also look into the Receipts and Deliveries tab. Do you have data there? Can you check the column Safety Stock Desired?

I hope we should be able to resolve this. And as usual with MRP questions, go to MRP Part Information first, not IPAP, coz in MRP you will see what MRP engine considers.

So I hope you will be able to increase your time-phased safety stock prior X-mas and release it afterwards ;-) 

-Mats

Badge

HI

I would like to connect to this subject.

Mats, I can see demand created by time phased safety stock in MRP part Information but I would like to see it also in IPAP. is it possible? i can see that it’s calculated in IPAP (projected column) but I would like to se it as e.g. MPR demand or shop order material etc. Visible as separate line in IPAP