Solved

The Purchase Order Should be Authorized to be RELEASED or CONFIRMED

• 6 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

In the demo Apps 10 system logged in as IFSAPP, I am getting the following information message on trying to release a purchase order that has been created directly without use of a purchase requisition.

After clicking on OK, the purchase order is not released, remains in status Planned and the Authorization Required box in the header is checked.

There is an Authorization rule on the purchase order (PO_RULE) and on checking that rule the amount on the purchase order is within the release amount

What are the possible causes for the purchase order not being released and how can this be resolved?

icon

Best answer by anmise 6 October 2020, 15:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Could you share a picture showing the definition of the purchase order authorization rule

Userlevel 7

In the demo Apps 10 system logged in as IFSAPP, I am getting the following information message on trying to release a purchase order that has been created directly without use of a purchase requisition.

After clicking on OK, the purchase order is not released, remains in status Planned and the Authorization Required box in the header is checked.

There is an Authorization rule on the purchase order (PO_RULE) and on checking that rule the amount on the purchase order is within the release amount

What are the possible causes for the purchase order not being released and how can this be resolved?

Check the Authorization tab on the PO. Do you have any lines in there? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Could you share a picture showing the definition of the purchase order authorization rule

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

There was a line in the Authorization tab which I have authorized and now the PO could be released. Is there a setting in the rule which means it has to be authorized at line level before being released at header level?

Userlevel 7

There was a line in the Authorization tab which I have authorized and now the PO could be released. Is there a setting in the rule which means it has to be authorized at line level before being released at header level?

On that line you should be able to see which PO rule that has been applied. The lines in the Authorization tab is not the equivalent to the PO lines, it’s the steps you have in the rule and they need to be authorized (or superseded) before releasing the PO.