Solved

Supplier has provided new bank information - old info pulling into payment

• 19 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We are currently running Apps 9.  We have received updated bank information from a supplier (which is paid via ACH).  The original bank information was entered using Address ID 1.  The updated information was entered using Address ID 2 and is marked default.  When we generate the payment information, IFS is pulling in the old bank information (using Address ID 1) rather than the default bank information (Address ID 2).  Has anyone else run into this?

icon

Best answer by Josefin Strandh 21 November 2019, 14:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am assuming you updated the new payment information on the Supplier’s Payment Tab; but did you update the Payment Tab for each company the Supplier is connect to?  (Look at the Supplier Record/Payment Tab/Company field -  Use the dropdown arrow to see all the company’s the supplier is attached to.)  Please check to see if you updated the Payment Tab for each company listed.   

Changing the default address on the Supplier’s record; should not affect the payment information.  The Supplier’s Payment information is fetched from the Payment Tab.  So I think it may be possible you did not update all the company’s on the Payment Tab of your supplier record.  Please see if this could be your issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks for the follow up.  The bank information was updated on the Payment tab.  The address ID mentioned Address ID included in the Electronic Payment Address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

In the Supplier Record/Payment tab did you do the following:

.If you want an electronic payment address to be defined for a specific payment method, right-click on the payment method, and then click Electronic Payment Addresses. The Electronic Payment Address window for the supplier will be displayed.

Enter information about the electronic payment address in the relevant fields.

If you want to define payment method rule for the supplier, use the List of Values to specify a rule ID. 

Save the information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes, we did that and made sure that the new payment information had the Default box checked.  however, the payment information being pulled in to the payment generation was the original bank information.

Badge +2

Hi kleasure,

Is the order you are trying to pay an order that was created before the new payment details where added? I realize this does not solve you problem, but maybe this could be the reason.

BR

Josefin

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you Josefin,

I ran this through our test environment and that does appear to be what was causing the issue.  Thank you so much!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi kleasure,

I assume you have selected the “Use Default Payment Method for Installments” on Supplier/Payment/Payment Methods Sub Tab.

If so, when you create the supplier invoice the previous address would have been already added to the Installment Plan.

You may change it on the Supplier Payment Proposal Details (after you have loaded the payment proposal). Or else you can select such invoices on the Supplier Invoice with Interest and Fine Analysis and the use the Right Mouse button option “ Supplier Installment Plan”. Then unauthorize the installment(s)  and change the payment Address Id to the new one.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank  you Rajith, that is helpful.