Question

Supplier forecasts- Automatic Email every month

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Our suppliers (or some of them) needs to have a forecast monthly. Right now we have a quick report with all purchase requisitions as the forecast, which we manually send to them.

We wanted to use the supplier portal, but the cost is ridiculus for the licenses. So we cannot use that right now.

How do you send forcasts automatically in IFS? Is there any built in function?

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Badge +1

Supplier Schedules is a way of including forecast lines as well as firm lines in the PO. I don’t know your type of business bot you can explore it internally. It is usually used in combination with EDI communication.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We’re not using EDI today. Can we still send the supplier schedules automatically? It should be in PDF or Excel format (would be best). I hope that we can set it up so that it sends the email to the primary email address or something.

Or does anyone know if I can use a custom event to trigger emails with quick report results as attachments? If there is code for that I would probably be able to adjust it to our needs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LundahlOskar,

Looking at this question from a technical perspective and given that you already have a quick report created for the purpose, you could schedule the quick report.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LundahlOskar 

As far as I’m aware there is no any automated way of emailing forecasts to the suppliers.

However for forecasting you can use MRP, Demand planning and IPR (Inventory planning and Replenishment) solutions currently available in the application.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @LundahlOskar,

Looking at this question from a technical perspective and given that you already have a quick report created for the purpose, you could schedule the quick report.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

I’ve tried this solution now and it seems to solv my problem.

However, no email is ever sent even if the background job seems to have run perfectly. Is there any setup needed to be done in order for this generated email to work?

We can get IFS to send emails in other places in the application.

There is no trace in the mail relay server log or anything.

I´ve tried:

• Change emails
  • Execute as System
  • Run as user or IFSAPP

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LundahlOskar,

I’ve tried this solution now and it seems to solv my problem.

You are welcome and I'm happy to help 😊

However, no email is ever sent even if the background job seems to have run perfectly. Is there any setup needed to be done in order for this generated email to work?

We can get IFS to send emails in other places in the application.

There is no trace in the mail relay server log or anything.

I hope there's data returned for the SQL Quick Report when the parameter value for Vendor_no = 10683.
Further, hope that the background job is in "Ready" status and there should be a new Application Message generated to fire the email.
Please have a look at my reply in the article below,

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I hope there's data returned for the SQL Quick Report when the parameter value for Vendor_no = 10683.
Further, hope that the background job is in "Ready" status and there should be a new Application Message generated to fire the email.

Thanks,
The report does return results for the vendor no 10683.
The background job is in “Ready” status
There is NO new application message after running it again.

What can be the issue?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi again,

Can now see that on my Application server task is the status on my original task: suspended

and on a new one with the same data, it is stucked at status: processing. The background job is “ready” but no application message. Could this be helpful in the troubleshooting?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks,
The report does return results for the vendor no 10683.
The background job is in “Ready” status
There is NO new application message after running it again.

What can be the issue?

Hi @LundahlOskar,

I'm not really sure why the application message is not getting posted.

Therefore, I suggest you to create a support ticket for this issue.
Further, it would be great if you could post what has been wrong and what resolved the issue once the support ticket is completed.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

It now seems like the issue was that we on the quick report never have used the Publish button. We just use manage grants. So even if all grants are there, the publish click seems to make it possible for IFS to send the email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LundahlOskar,

After publishing, are you able to see that the application messages are getting posted and you are getting the email?

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @LundahlOskar,

After publishing, are you able to see that the application messages are getting posted and you are getting the email?

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Yes, it works now.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m not familiar with working with document management, but if we would use the Document ID in some way, does that mean that I can save the monthly forecast for future reference automatically. If so, how?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LundahlOskar,

Yes, it works now.

Great !
I'm happy to know that your issue is resolved now. Thanks for sharing it on the community.

I’m not familiar with working with document management, but if we would use the Document ID in some way, does that mean that I can save the monthly forecast for future reference automatically. If so, how?

Maybe, you could ask this question on the below forum,
Service (FSM, Touch Apps, Document Management, MWO, MRO, PSO)

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.