Question

Remote Warehouse Refill

• 2 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have two remote warehouses that are setup as putaway zones. When trying to refill parts in these warehouses from Inventory, is there a way to specify the warehouse from which the refill should occur?

Scenario:

Warehouse MAIN

Warehouse A (Remote Warehouse)

Warehouse B (Remote Warehouse)

We want parts in B to be refilled from A if there is enough quantity. If not, then the refill should be from MAIN. Warehouse A should always be refilled from MAIN.

How can we handle this scenario?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

I am assuming that all these warehouses are in the same site?  In which case you must be thinking about Transport Task - driven refill.

*I think* the only functionality that might be useful is the Automatic Reservation Priorities logic in the screen Site / Inventory / Automatic Reservation.

This allows you to define priority by putaway zones, so you can say your top reservation priority is a zone for B, then a zone for A, then Main.  But: this will affect your customer order reservation too.  And you would need a way to ensure B does not act as a refill source for A.  To be honest i think you would need a custom event or two to manage this reservation correctly.

If you make each warehouse a separate site then you can use purchase order refilling, and then you have a lot more flexibility e.g. to define ‘A’ as the primary supplier.  But the downside is then you have a lot more data to maintain e.g. part data for multiple sites.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you tried assigning rankings for Putaway zones from Inventory part window?

I have not tested this however think this will help you in some scale.

Badge +1

Hello, I have tested this and it should be possible to get it to work by working with priority in the Operative value. However, B will have to be refilled from A. And A have to be refilled from Main. 

Here I had three remote warehouses refilled from one Main. But you can work with three levels as well (i.e. Ranking 1, 2, 3).