Solved

Refill stock with an automatic transport task IFS9

• 18 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I would like to know if it’s possible to generate automatic transport task from Warehouse Navigator on IFS 9 ?

We have 2 remote warehouse :

Site A 

• Remote warehouse 1
  • Remote warehouse 2

I would like parts in warehouse 2 to be refiiled from warehouse 1.

I went to Warehouse Navigator and saw there is two ways to refill our parts ( Stock or Buy).

Refill as Buy is working well → generate PO 

But when we put Stock nothing happens → I would like Stock create a transport task, is it possible ?

Maybe it’s not the right way to do it, if you have any solution I am open to suggestions :relaxed: .

icon

Best answer by Lumini Sahabandu 18 March 2021, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nicolas ,

Yes this is possible to generate an automatic transport task to refill a remote warehouse through the warehouse navigator. 

Could I please ask do you want both the warehouses to be Remote type ? 

Let me explain the logic behind refilling. In order to refill stocks from one warehouse to another through the Transport Task you need to have a warehouse with stock available and a lower putaway zone ranking than the warehouse which is needed to be refilled. 

Refilling happens from lower level ranking warehouse to a higher level ranking warehouse. 

To do that through the Storage Zone window , create a Zone and attach two warehouses separately to each zone. 

Once done in the : 

Inventory Part Window / Putaway Zones TAB / Inventory Part Value TAB , provide warehouse and ranking.

Rank 1 : Should goes to the warehouse which need to be refilled 

Rank 2 : Should goes to the warehouse which has stocks available 

When this setup is available , system generated an automatic transport task if your part has the refill source set as : Inventory. 

Please confirm whether you need to have both warehouses to be remote warehouses. 

Thank You,

Lumini. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Lumini,

Indeed my mistake, I only have 1 warehouse as remote one.

I did your setup on rank , and it’s working well ! Now I can generate a transport task with Warehouse navigator :relieved: .

Thanks you so much,

Regards,

Nicolas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nicolas ,

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Regards,

Lumini. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Lumini Sahabandu @Nicolas H.  is this only applicable if we have a remote warehouse setup?