Question

Purchase part description

• 1 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 16 replies

We want to work with “dummy” parts that can be used for multiple purchase orders and change the description each time on the purchase requisition. After we transferred the purchase requisition to a purchase order, the description changed back to the original one.

Can someone tell me where I can find the setting for this?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is this part also created as inventaret part ? because then i would sat that is why. 
if it ecists only as Purchase part (no inventaret part for same) then it should not change on PO

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Whatever is set here - 

Is what is going to appear on the Purchase Order at creation.

Changing it on the Purchase Requisition will have no effect. If you want it to be changed per PO, you’ll have to change it on the PO.

I for one would question the logic of this process, but that is something for your rules of form, fit, and function to decide.  For our company, this would never be acceptable for a multitude of reasons and from that, the IFS function seems logical.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We just figured it out, if you don’t enter the translation of the part the manual adjusted description will remain the same after transferring the purch. requist to a purchase order.

The reason we need this is the we have “dummy” parts that we use for items that maybe get ordered only once and are to specific to re-order.

Before this we used a no-part but with this there was a chance the purchaser would chose the wrong purch. group etc.