Solved

Purchase Order Authorization Routing

• 13 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What does this message mean exactly and I do not see an option to ‘Allow Manual Update of Authorization Routing’ in Purchase Authorization Basic Data?

For reference, this is from Purchase Order P440 in IFSAPP @ lkpcosdemo3 - APPS10+UPD8

icon

Best answer by Roel van Zwieten 14 October 2020, 06:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This message means that the PO needs to be authorised before it can be released. This is set up on the Company screen in the Distribution - Purchasing tab. Here you can also find the ‘Allow Manual Update of Authorization Routing’ option.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This message means that the PO needs to be authorised before it can be released. This is set up on the Company screen in the Distribution - Purchasing tab. Here you can also find the ‘Allow Manual Update of Authorization Routing’ option.

Thank you Roel. That’s clear now. I think the last part of the information message is misleading as to where to find these settings. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am getting the same error for a new Purchase Authorization Rule that I created.   I have confirm that the Allow manual Update of Authorization Routing under the Distribution tab of the Company setup is flagged.  What am I missing. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @smelanson. The ‘Allow Manual Update of Authorization Routing’ checkbox allows you to manually select an authorization routing, besides the one that is automatically selected based on the authorization rules that have been set up. If this checkbox is not ticked, only the authorization rule that is automatically selected can be applied on the PO.

The message is basically saying that the PO needs to be authorized before you can proceed (since the ‘Enforce Purchase Order Authorization’ checkbox is ticked as per your screenshot). Can you check if the authorization rule you have created is active and would be valid for your PO?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks, I checked the rule and it wasn’t active.  All good now.