Question

Pre Posting on PO

• 6 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys,

I have a doubt, when I am trying to release PO, it prompts me to add Pre Posting in Po line and then I can add and release PO but when I create Change order preposting prompts does not occur as they dont have that setup there and niether the new PO line added through change order prompts for pre posting and allows to release PO contrary to previous one.

Your ideas!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Vchandna ,

We are using IFS Application 10 and we have our non-inventory part purchase order line posting control setup to make pre-posting mandatory but we have our  inventory part purchase order line posting control setup to make pre-posting optional.  

If I go into a purchase order and create a change order and add a non-inventory part line I will be prompted when I save the change order to enter the pre-posting information which accounting determined are required to be filled out.

When you enter a purchase order whether inventory part or non-inventory part are you prompted to enter pre-posting information when you save the purchase order?

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Normal IFS behavior as far as I’m aware, you will only get notified of the mandatory pre-posting on the purchase order prior to release.  But if change orders are used or mandatory, you will not get the same prompt when adding the line via a change order.

We require managers to use a saved search before the end of the month to clear open lines that aren’t pre-posted before it creates month end problems.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Vchandna ,

We are using IFS Application 10 and we have our non-inventory part purchase order line posting control setup to make pre-posting mandatory but we have our  inventory part purchase order line posting control setup to make pre-posting optional.  

If I go into a purchase order and create a change order and add a non-inventory part line I will be prompted when I save the change order to enter the pre-posting information which accounting determined are required to be filled out.

When you enter a purchase order whether inventory part or non-inventory part are you prompted to enter pre-posting information when you save the purchase order?

Regards,

William Klotz

Hi William,

Thanks for your response.

We are working on IFS 8 version, so where do we need to have our set ups done for postings in PO lines for main PO and Change Order?

Regards,

Vaishali Chandna