Question

MS Level 1 Part-Forecast Consumption

• 4 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

On MS Level 1 part, we have recently amended our Forecast Consumption rules to roll out from drop, with a forecast window of 7.

The first two lines dated 28/10/2020 and 29/10/2020 are actual orders that have been picked, but not yet shipped off our system. 

We then show a quantity of 1on the 03/11/2020 in the Forecast 1 column and the consumed forecast column. This forecast was not showing on schedule, so I assume IFS has added the forecast into the Forecast 1 column? Is there a reason for this? Also, it is showing as consumed and I am unsure why when the actual demand’s are in multiples of 4?

We then show a quantity of 3 in the Forecast 0 column. However, this was a 4 on schedule. Is there a reason why this will have pulled through to MS Level 1 as 3? This is also showing in the consumed forecast column, again unsure why when the actual demand’s are in multiples of 4?

Thanks.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey Joely,

The forecast for 04/11/20 was reduced to 3 as this was the qty consumed by actual demand when the date  fell within the demand time fence. The extra 1 would have been rolled into Forecast 0 on the next available date out with the time fence.

Give me a shout if you need more help :)

Jamie