Question

Missing E-mail order.. in context menu

• 19 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello lads,

Is there some way to enable E-mail order… option in Purchase OrderS → context menu?

I know there is a way to do it from Supplier view→ Purchase→Misc Supplier Info→ E-mail purchase order checkbox. Help says:(Select this check box if you want to e-mail the purchase order to this supplier in the automatic order processing.) but we dont want to send it in automatic order processing so we dont want to have it selected.

Is there a way to have it in context menu without need to select this checkbox?

btw. in Purchase Order e-mail order… is visible in context menu.

I hope you understand what I meant.

Greetings Marcin

5 replies

Badge +3

Yes, this can be done by Custom Menu.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey,

Thanks Vivek for your reply. So far I found that posibility too and I have prepare some custom menu with pl/sql code as below

if (ifsapp.Supplier_Address_API.Get_Email(&VENDOR_NO, &DOC_ADDR_NO, &CONTACT)) is null then
ifsapp.Error_SYS.Record_General('PurchaseOrder','ERR: Contact is not set.');
else
ifsapp.Purchase_Order_API.Email__(&ORDER_NO ,  &CONTACT ,  &AUTHORIZE_CODE ,  &CONTRACT , ifsapp.Supplier_Address_API.Get_Email(&VENDOR_NO, &DOC_ADDR_NO, &CONTACT) ,  &VENDOR_NO ,  'Order' );
 end if;

but still I user dont have control over it, is there any way to give information to user where excatly his mail were sent? I know there is information message window but I dont know how to initialize it since Email__() doesnt use info_ attribiute.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hey @zapior 

It’s not pretty, but:

within a custom RMB you can do a COMMIT; so that the action is performed; and then have something like

ifsapp.Error_SYS.Record_General('PurchaseOrder','your email was sent to <Name>.');

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello lads,

Is there some way to enable E-mail order… option in Purchase OrderS → context menu?

I know there is a way to do it from Supplier view→ Purchase→Misc Supplier Info→ E-mail purchase order checkbox. Help says:(Select this check box if you want to e-mail the purchase order to this supplier in the automatic order processing.) but we dont want to send it in automatic order processing so we dont want to have it selected.

Is there a way to have it in context menu without need to select this checkbox?

btw. in Purchase Order e-mail order… is visible in context menu.

I hope you understand what I meant.

Greetings Marcin

Hi Zapior.

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to send the pruchase order, but not have it sent in automatic order processing, is this correct? The trigger to email the order is I believe only connected to the “Print Purchase Order” step in automatic order processing which is a manual step. 

If you don’t have that in your order processing, I think it will not send the purchase order, and you don’t need to build an event?

Oliver

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Marcin, 

to enable “E-mail Order...” context menu, the purchase order’s “Supplier Contact” must have email setup in communication method.

If you haven’t setup the event to email the report, you can check this thread 

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

~Juni