Question

Making PO lines not nettable

• 20 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

A customer would like to have the possibility to exclude running purchase order lines from MRP calculation. Reason is that when sourcing a new supplier a test PO is placed to see if they can deliver against the required quality standards.

MRP must ignore this supply. Ideal would be to check these lines as ‘not nettable’.

Does anyone know a fitting solution for this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

You could Stop (i.e., Freeze) the PO, andall lines will not be seen as supply. This can be performed, though, only at the PO header and not on individual lines.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Make the first PO to procure the items a No Part Lines PO, bring in the parts, inspect them, decide whether they meet the quality requirements, only then move them into stock using Receive Inventory Part.  They never get seen by MRP all along the way.  This is how we do it, much easier than attempting to manipulate or hide the Part PO Lines.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@ShawnBerk, we considered this as well. The financial consequences need quite some work then, as we do a receipt on the PO. Match the invoice against it and after that create an NREC. So multiple financial bookings for the same transaction.

So I think I would prefer temporarily freezing the PO. In that case no NREC bookings that need re-routing. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though. ;-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@matt.watters, thank you. Good suggestion.

So in short:

• temporarily freeze PO
  • unfreeze upon receipt
  • use availability control to ensure not nettable status (or use QA location, off course)

Or do you mean something else?