Question

Inventory Part Availability Exceptions

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

What is the function in inventory part availability exceptions to confirm the line? Any other missing the option that note is not disappearing when exceptions are calculated again?

7 replies

Badge +2

Its not intended to be used as a historical record but to help the buyer with processing their exceptions. Also if either demand or supply changes frequently then your exceptions will change and you will be chasing your tail.

Running the exceptions daily is a bad idea, perhaps once a week would make more sense. The buyer would work on their exceptions, process and adjust as needed. And then once the exceptions are run again a week later, would have a new set of exceptions to work on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@MirjaK , I guess this should be reported as a bug. Please have this post updated if you hear anything new from IFS, I will do the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I actually tested this in system (IFS), I add note and confirm the line. After next calculation of exceptions, both note and confirmation was gone. Bug?

@MirjaK 

@MarieSkoldenborg 

Sorry, it has taken a long time to come back to this.  I had been going off of memory when I first replied, but didn’t verify that the behavior you are seeing is the same for our setup.  So agree the usefulness is very limited because if you run the task daily to generate the exceptions, the note only persists for the day.  If you haven’t taken an action to alter the outcome, the same message is there tomorrow without the note.

I’ve never pursued with IFS whether there is a bug or a different setting to retain the note, not sure of the purpose in the current state.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I actually tested this in system (IFS), I add note and confirm the line. After next calculation of exceptions, both note and confirmation was gone. Bug?

We have also tested this functionality and found the same behaviour: Calculating exceptions clears the confirmation. So what is the purpose of this functionality? How is it supposed to be used? The idea itself is very promising but if handled exceptions disappear they are of no use. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks, in which conditions then row/note will be disappear?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

RMB on the line and select confirm, this will simultaneously tick the box for Confirmed, add the date and user who did the confirmation.  This and the note will remain for future calculations.