Question

IFS10 Demand Planner - Create Forecast Error

• 10 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

I installed a demand plan server for IFS10. I am starting jobs with sequence of Aggreate Daily, Qualify and Create Forecast.

Aggregate Daily and Qualify jobs are working fine but when i start Create forecast job, Server dashboard returns with an error:

“The period has already been aggregated. Create forecast can only be ran once per period”

How can i pass that error, what is the reason?

Best Regards

Can Nebol

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

There are two options. If you are running this on a test environment, You can have a fixed date in Registry setting where you can pass this error. 

If you are in Live environment, Create forecast job is allowed once for the period. You have to wait till the next forecast period to run the create forecast job again.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Chanaka  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi,

There are two options. If you are running this on a test environment, You can have a fixed date in Registry setting where you can pass this error. 

If you are in Live environment, Create forecast job is allowed once for the period. You have to wait till the next forecast period to run the create forecast job again.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Chanaka  

@chanaka, what if Create forecast is not scheduled to run in live environment yet and trying to execute Create forecast in DP server manually and still causing error? I am in the same situation as mentioned above. 

Badge +2

Hi, 

how could we change the date in registry setting if it’s the case ? 

regards 

Badge +5

We’re experiencing exactly the same issue when we try to create the first forecast ever in a test environment - can’t see any registry settings that even come close to a date setting - do you know which registry setting this is?

Badge +2

Hi, 

the date I was referring to is in the demand plan Server / Advanced server setting ==> you’ll find a setting name Fixed Date.

But by the way , we finally found out that the problem was coming from elsewhere (the date was blank) from an error in some setup  within the sql statement of the base flow. the table name should be prefixed by IFSAPP.  i.e. IFSAPP.comb_ext_inv_part_issue_pub … after correcting all the sql statement in the base flow for the server , we did not get anymore errors , and the forecast was able to calculate, and the date was updated ;-)

hope that helps. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi All,

I have having the same issue APPS 10 and have a couple of questions

1. Where can you access the Advanced server settings? I am trying to do the from IFS Apps 00 but cannot see Advanced server settings on here.
  2. What should you set the fixed date to , one in the past or the future?

Thank you 

Susan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All,

I have same situation at App v10.10.

I am using only base flow instead of combined flow. I checked the prefix of sql, its ok.

So what should i check about the fixed date in registry? How can i fix this?

Best regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi All,

I have having the same issue APPS 10 and have a couple of questions

1. Where can you access the Advanced server settings? I am trying to do the from IFS Apps 00 but cannot see Advanced server settings on here.
  2. What should you set the fixed date to , one in the past or the future?

Thank you 

Susan

Same boat

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

See the answer in this related post;