IFS - MRP Requisition Approvals

• 29 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi All,

The Purchases through the IFS Material Requisition Planning (MRP) module was not approved. The Schedule of Authority (SoA) required authorization of all purchases.

Essentially any requisitions raised through the MRP system which is above £5,000 need to have a dual signatory process put in place in line with the SoA. If we are not able to execute this through the requisition rules, then we require a workaround within IFS that will allow the approval process to take place. Since this kind of scenario is on hold now cause of no idea.

Please have a look at the screenshot as follows below.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Kind Regards

Sekhar

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Create and approval workflow through DocMan to require and attachment of a particular document class that represents the approval to the requisition.  Set up approval groups tied to the approval template.  Create an event to block the release of the requisition or the change of requisition to an order unless the approval is completed.  We are working on a building a similar type process now.  I don’t have all the details but am pretty sure the possibility exists.  We are on V9 and not using the authorizations within IFS because they work at the line level on the Purchase Requisition, but we require the authorization at the total value of the requisition.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Create and approval workflow through DocMan to require and attachment of a particular document class that represents the approval to the requisition.  Set up approval groups tied to the approval template.  Create an event to block the release of the requisition or the change of requisition to an order unless the approval is completed.  We are working on a building a similar type process now.  I don’t have all the details but am pretty sure the possibility exists.  We are on V9 and not using the authorizations within IFS because they work at the line level on the Purchase Requisition, but we require the authorization at the total value of the requisition.

Correct.