Question

IFS B2B in apps10 - multiple customers, one user

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I’m trying to set up IFS B2B customer portal(Apps10)so that the external user would see his/her orders via portal. This works ok for the connected default customer but I have not found a way to a) switch to another connected B2B customer inside IFS B2B or b) see all connected customers information (COs, quotatations, invoices,...) simultaneously.

Aurena B2B client looks like the design is to use the default customer only but is it so that external user him/herself cannot switch to ‘non-default customer’ inside B2B portal?

Rgds, Sami 

12 replies

Userlevel 7

The whole idea with the Business to Business portal is that you grant your customers and/or suppliers access to data related to them. Why would you want customers seeing other customers data? If you want them to have access to more you either need to buy a full license or modify the code through a customization. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

it is our real life customer’s requirement :-) that external user should see those customers that he/she is connected to (can be more than one). Now you can connect the user to several customer ids in basic data but only default customer’s data is available via B2B portal. Would be great if external user could switch default customer (the one that is visible) in B2B portal.

Userlevel 7

Hi,

it is our real life customer’s requirement :-) that external user should see those customers that he/she is connected to (can be more than one). Now you can connect the user to several customer ids in basic data but only default customer’s data is available via B2B portal. Would be great if external user could switch default customer (the one that is visible) in B2B portal.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood your question. You could give a case to support a shot, because just showing the default doesn't really make sense. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@aafaveso I am just following this thread as a learning point and am curious to know if you managed to get sorted by now how to ‘switch to non default customer view’ inside the B2B portal for the external user? 

If you’d like to share here how you were able to achieve it, that’ll be helpful for me and others on the forum. Thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We would also be very much interested in finding a solution to this.

This is a huge gap from IFS to only write it for default customer/suppliers

Thanks

Dominik

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@dominikdurrer I checked a month ago from IFS RnD casually with a former colleague of mine. From what I understood, it’s still in the roadmap, unless @aafaveso has received a different response from IFS by now 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello ´,

I also have a customer with the same requirement to allow the external user to switch from the default B2B customer to one of the  ‘non-default customer’ inside B2B portal.

Is this still not possible in IFS cloud?

If not, do you know about projects where this requirement was implemented?

Thanks,

Martin

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Martin Falkenau 

The last time I checked and had IFS Cloud demo access was 2 months ago and it was not yet possible. We are starting the upgrade project shortly and will bring it again to the attention of IFS that this is a basic requirement that could be quickly solved. Glad to hear we are not the only ones.

Best regards

Dominik

Badge +1

@Martin Falkenau  @dominikdurrer 

I fully support this question and we should have this in IFS Cloud as well. I’ll create a new question/idea labelled with IFS Cloud and a link to this topic. 

Best regards, 

Rolf

Badge

to switch to another connected B2B customer inside IFS B2B, you need to create a new user account for that specific customer. To see all connected customers' information simultaneously, you need to use a different software solution that supports multi-customer views. Aurena B2B client is designed to use the default customer only.

Badge +1

Hi all! Any updates regarding this yet? I am facing this topic at the moment and I have also requirement in Cloud to external B2B User to be able to see all Customer related data (Orders, Invoices, etc.) that is connected to that B2B User. 

Badge +3

Hi @aafaveso 

I implemented something simple to get over this issue for a customer in the UK a few years back.

Attached is an extract from the functional specification and hopefully it’ll help you and anyone else who has the same requirement.

Cheers,

Sameera