Solved

IFS 7.5 - Attach File to Purchase Order

• 26 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys, I am using IFS 7.5 Client and I would like to attach quotation or other document provided by supplier into the Purchase Order in order to keep a softcopy at database.

I couldn’t find attachment function from the PO screen.

Is there anyway to do so?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kim Siang

icon

Best answer by Yasanthi Gunawardena 29 April 2021, 20:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Kim, you should first enter a record. Then only the attachment option, shown highlighted below will be enabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear Kim Siang,

First you have to query/load the purchase order in the above PO screen. Then using the Paper clip icon in the tool bar above you can add the attachments. 

First click on Paper clip icon, then in the appearing table Right Click and select ‘Create New Document...’ RMB option if you want to create a new document, if not select ‘Insert Existing Document...’ where you can add already existing documents in the system.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys, I found that it is not as easy as just click on the Paper Clip icon and browse the file that I want to attach.

May I know where can I create the Document No and Doc Sheet?

I tried to search from Document Management module but no luck.

Best Regards,

Kim Siang

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Following steps can be followed;

1. In the same window you can use the RMB option ’Create New Document’ if you want to create a new document.
  1. Then in the pop-up window below you have to add a document class, title and click ok.

3. Again RMB and select ‘Document Info…’

1. Then using the check in button you can add the file stored in the location.

In case if the file is already created in the system you can use the RMB option ‘Insert existing document...’ in step 1 and query for the relevant document number.

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Guys, I am getting warning message when click on the Create New Document. I am using IFSAPP to perform testing and already granted full access on Document Management. May I know where to grant access for this person ID?

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Person ID * in document access table means "All other users not defined in the table".  So creating a document with a user whose person ID is * is inappropriate & leads to unacceptable situations and this is why system prevents you from creating documents when the logged in user is attached to person id *.

It can be worked around easily, in at least two ways:

1. Give the application owner a proper Person ID. If the application owner name is IFSAPP it could be as simple as giving it the person ID IFSAPP as well. Or any other value that suits you.

2. Use another user to import the documents, that does not have Person ID = *.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I manage to attach file now. I would like to double confirm one thing, is it the file is saved into database? If I backup and restore the database to a new server, can I retrieve back my file from the new server?