Solved

Error while changing the currency in Purchase Order Change Order

• 5 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while changing the currency in the Purchase Order Change Order window.

Let me give you some further details,

I have created an Internal Purchase Order (Order Code 4) and had got it released. After releasing i sensed that the currency selected on the header is different than what i want it to be. 
Then i created a change order and tried changing the currency from “XXX” to “YYY” and then it started showing an error “It is not allowed to change currency when the supplier belongs to an Internal site”.

I understand this is a standard error but i need to know

1. why am i getting this error?
  2. which setup basically invokes this error?
  3. Is there a way to change the currency in such cases?

My client is using IFS 10 Standard Applications. 

Any update would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Preetish Gautam Dehury

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 7 August 2020, 15:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It depends on whether the PO was created from a Purchase Requisition containing the parts derived from the Supplier for Purchase Parts, in which case, the currency will be selected from the SfPP currency settings. If the PO was created manually from the header, and the lines added after, then the currency would have derived from the Supplier.

What is the supplier default currency for the Internal Supplier?

Is it matched to the currency for the company in which the Supplier is connected?

There must be a mis-match somewhere between Company-Supplier-SfPP if you feel the currency on the PO isn’t correct.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Shawn,

I just checked that 

In company, acounting currency is USD and parallel currency is GBP

In SFPP, the currency is MXN

In supplier, the currency is MXN

Do you think this is the reason for the error? 

Let me rectify the setup and retry the process and see if it works.

Regards,

Preetish

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

Checked it all, rectified the currencies. Made sure that all the currency are same but still getting the same error. I guess this is something standard that we can't undo it. May be we will have to create a new order altogether.

Regards,

Preetish

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hi @Preetish 

I’m not surprised that you can’t change it, that wasn’t my intention with pointing out the mis-match. Rather the intention is to get the currency right at the start so you don’t have to change it at any point. 

I don’t think you are going to find a way to allow changing it, if it has come out wrong, then a new PO will be necessary.

Regards,

Shawn