Solved

Demand Planner - Base Flows

• 1 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Has anyone used a view other than External_Invent_Part_Issue_Pub or Internal_Invent_Part_Issue_Pub to define a Base Flow. We would like to use something like CUSTOMER_ORDER_JOIN_CFV to utilize some custom fields. To date I have not managed to use any view other than those suggested in the Base Flow wizard. Any comments most welcome.

icon

Best answer by Jur 1 December 2020, 16:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We are using an custom IAL as for our Base Flows. This allows us to define each field (site, part_no, date, qty) exactly how we want it, and include our historic data in addition to the data in IFS. You are able to change the SQL statement yourself as long as the queried fields are in the correct order.

Badge +2

Your reply has lifted my spirits that a solution to my issue is possible. Would you be prepared to send me your SQL statement for a Base Flow definition that uses an IAL just for clarity. Finally is your IAL live data or replicated daily, weekly etc.

Thank you so much for your response

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This is the rather simple query,, the most logic is applied in the IAL (e.g.: district/sales code in this case). It’s important that the selected fields are in this order. If you need any other filters etc, you must use the groups.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@DaveT - what @Jur is saying is quite right. The Demand planner base flows doesn’t allow any functions within the SQL statement or anything like. Using an IAL is a great solution to pulling from the appropraite tables but also dragging custom or extra data from the customer tables.

A common and effective solution!