Question

Customer Order Hold Apps 9

• 20 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Is there a way in IFS which can put customer order on hold after releasing the order ?  

Scenario: Customer wants us to hold the order and not to ship on wanted delivery date after releasing the order.

We have NR as a shipment type so whenever we release the order it creates the shipment but 

Can we make any setting on customer order which will not allow shipment processing ? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi,

Not in Apps 9 - a “manual block” feature was added to the customer order in apps 10.

Have you tried removing the order lines from the Shipment?  You have the standard shipment type NR (new shipment at release).  You could remove the order lines from the shipment.  You could consider adding a shipment type option like “Customer Hold”, and then change the shipment type on the customer order to that option when this happens. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

1. I tried removing shipment lines and it worked but the only thing is we don't want customer service to touch the shipment screen
  2. I tested the process using “Customer hold” as a shipment type but once I release the order using NR and then go back and update it on customer order then it only gets updated on customer order and not on the shipment screen.
  3. Do you know any setting while creating new shipment type which will not allow shipping department to reserve the shipment ? 

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

Is there a way in IFS which can put customer order on hold after releasing the order ?  

Scenario: Customer wants us to hold the order and not to ship on wanted delivery date after releasing the order.

We have NR as a shipment type so whenever we release the order it creates the shipment but 

Can we make any setting on customer order which will not allow shipment processing ? 

Hi Rajan

It won’t put it ‘on hold’ but you could try the “Approve shipment” checkbox. We tried this after making an error in Apps9 RTM that meant a lot of extra work (this was before the undo delivery option existed)

The flag is set on the shipment type - it is called “approve shipment before delivery” and it will check a box on every shipment that restricts delviery of the shipment. You could then control who can remove this flag via permission sets.

Sadly I don’t think it has any impact on picking or reserving though. If you need that in apps9, I think you’ll need a custom event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Rajan

to your point 2 - 

I should have said shipment type is on all the order lines, not just on the order header. This might explain what you observed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi AntOlivFr and Paul,

Thank you for the answer. I think we can mix your ideas and have Customer hold as a new shipment type which will have “Approve before delivery” checkbox enabled.

Thank you for helping me out.