Solved

Customer Calendar functionality

• 29 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I am exploring using the Customer Calendar in order to set a certain day(s) of the week that we can ship to a specific customer address. I have set up a schedule and calendar and assigned it to a customer address. The logic does seem to be working as I thought it would but I only get an Information Message popup stating “Planned Delivery Date is not on a working day according to the customer calendar, the next working day is 15-FEB-21”.  I click ok and the dates still default to the non working day. All of our parts are set up to use the availability check so our lead times (mfg, picking etc..) are used to determine the planned ship dates. So my question is does the Customer Calendar have any functionality behind it besides a pop up message? Is there something else I’m missing in the set up?

icon

Best answer by HoiAnushB 12 February 2021, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As far as I’m aware, the customer calendar is used in calculations to check if the delivery day is a working day at the customer. It is not used in any lead time calculations.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you. Yes, I found that it is just an informational popup but it doesn’t seem like there is any functionality behind it. I was just able to accomplish what I was looking for here though by setting up Routes for a specific delivery day and assigning the route in the Supply Chain Matrix for Customer. It actually works perfectly as it gives us more flexibility to specify site etc.. Thanks for your response though, it is much appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@karl.schutz It’s my please that I was able to help you at least some way.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Anushka Bandara @karl.schutz how do we access the customer calendar in IFS?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It’s the regular calendar (Application Base Setup>Work Time Calendar>Calendar) then it is assigned to a customer address under the Order Address Info tab (Customer, address tab, bring up the appropriate address etc..).