CRM Business Opportunity and Demand Planner Integration

• 26 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi All,

One of my client is evaluating the possibility of integrating CRM Business Opportunity  Lines for existing sales parts with IFS Demand Planner Solution. I believe demand planner graph does not support future Customer Orders or  Business Opportunities. Is there any customer who has done similar customization or catered for similar requirement? Appreciate your suggestions on workarounds as well

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Chanaka

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Depending on how the order is created and how the flow is written, Demand planner can account for ‘planned’ orders within the flow. So while there’s not a future business linkage, you could play around with how the flows are written to see if that meets your requirements.  you can choose planned_date, promised_Date, planned qty, etc.Test this and see if it does what you need it to do. 

Another possibility is to create imports around using the Events filed or something like that - it would adjust the forecast, it would be visible to the planner in the client as additional demand that isn’t necessarily part of a stat or adjusted forecast.  Moreover, depending on how granular your flows are, the events would sum up to the combined flow for a given part rendering a top level view as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Neal,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes we can have a customized table based on business users requirements to fetch historical data. But there is no possibility of fetching any future customer order data for future forecasting horizon. 

Events field is an alternative. The Event period adjusted forecast will be based on the new system forecast and then the event is added to form the new adjusted forecast for the period. Hence, It will results double counting. Specially we recommend business users to use events to  explain the outliers/irregularities in the Demand data. In this case, Users needs to graphically see the upcoming Customer Orders or  Business Opportunities. It will help users to compare the system forecast figures with those information and change the Adjusted Forecast accordingly.

Kind regards

Chanaka

Badge +1

Hi Chanaka,

You may have already come up with a Solution for this. But I thought I would give you a link to the PPT which shows our custom work in presales we have to enable Business Opportunity lines to interact with the Demand Planner and Master Schedule.

https://ifs-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/simon_levers_ifsworld_com/EV2uPDt_uvFCo366YcP7QREBq_tjAS0yGRWzpq8_ecN_uA?e=kZWRu8

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for sharing this presentation. It is really helpful custom work. I do understand that the sales forecast is coming from multiple sources. such as  Business opportunity, Customer Schedule, Demand Planner, etc.

Have you come across with a situation, where based on Business opportunity pipeline vales for particular part, Future forecast values in the demand planner will needs get adjusted?

Customer would like to see the BO values for coming months in the same demand planner client or custom build table, where final forecast can be changed which will get transferred to master schedule.

Appreciate your comments on this.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Chanaka 

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITYBUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have had a request for a copy of this PPT - So here is a copy you can download for the next week.

https://ifs-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/simon_levers_ifsworld_com/EV2uPDt_uvFCo366YcP7QREB4U_DSb_xu8t_VrJ-vI4Fdg?e=nOwefM

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @simon, will it be possible to re-share the ppt ? I cannot download it, says the link is expired.

Thanks and Regards

Yashodha

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @SimonLevers

will it be possible to re-share the ppt ? I cannot download it, says the link is expired. Thank you for your time

Thanks and Regards

Yashodha