Question

Cannot close projects/activities with connected PO:s in closed status for non-inventory part lines.

• 23 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

IFS10 upd6

The customer has project connected non-inventory purchase order lines that should not be matched due to bad references on invoice etc the cost has already been booked, they then manually close the PO stating nothing more will be invoiced.

When running the unfinished activity works the customer gets “Some object is reporting committed cost to the activity. Analyze which object that reports committed cost.”

Since the company is setup to not create postings for receipts of non-inventory part the committed cost will stay as committed on the project until the PO is matched to an invoice or the project connection is removed as I understand it.

Some order lines have been partly match so the arrival cannot be cancelled, is there an easy way to be able to close the project/activity?

(I guess after creating a dummy invoice (0,10 SEK) and match the PO and book a minus cost with the same project code string the activity could be closed but the would be a very cumbersome process since the  customer has many many projects and activities with this scenario)

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You could try manually adding a closed date on the purchase order receipt.  This will indicate no more invoicing is required on the receipt and remove the receipt from the RNYI report.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

They have done that but the committed cost is not affected and since the company is setup to not create  postings for receipt of non-inventory  parts the RNYI report is not used (no transactions -no data in the report).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

IFS10 upd6

The customer has project connected non-inventory purchase order lines that should not be matched due to bad references on invoice etc the cost has already been booked, they then manually close the PO stating nothing more will be invoiced.

When running the unfinished activity works the customer gets “Some object is reporting committed cost to the activity. Analyze which object that reports committed cost.”

Since the company is setup to not create postings for receipts of non-inventory part the committed cost will stay as committed on the project until the PO is matched to an invoice or the project connection is removed as I understand it.

Some order lines have been partly match so the arrival cannot be cancelled, is there an easy way to be able to close the project/activity?

(I guess after creating a dummy invoice (0,10 SEK) and match the PO and book a minus cost with the same project code string the activity could be closed but the would be a very cumbersome process since the  customer has many many projects and activities with this scenario)

Hi, what prevents you from disconnecting the PO line from the Project? If what it takes is to reopen the PO line.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, the PO needs to be in Released, Confirmed or Stopped status to be able to remove the project connection and for those PO lines that has not been match we could then cancel the receipt to get it to Released status and then remove the project connection.

But in many cases some of the qty of the order line has been match to an invoice so the order line can never get back to Released status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, the PO needs to be in Released, Confirmed or Stopped status to be able to remove the project connection and for those PO lines that has not been match we could then cancel the receipt to get it to Released status and then remove the project connection.

But in many cases some of the qty of the order line has been match to an invoice so the order line can never get back to Released status.

Hi @NovPetraN , In the initial description, you stated “purchase order lines that should not be matched”, so isn’t this matched receipts are incorrect anyways? If yes, I think you can remove the matched lines. Even if payments have been received, I think you can rollback and remove the incorrectly matched receipts.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,  the scenario can be that the supplier sends an invoices for part of the received qty which is correctly matched but then when the second invoice arrives it is without PO reference so it is booked manually with project connection and paid hence the remaining qty on the PO should not be matched. 

This is normally not noticed until the activity/project is to be closed  which    could be several month after the arrival of the PO and invoices.