Solved

Can you enter the maximum stock of an inventory part?

• 26 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I know there is a minimum stock value on the Inventory Part, this is the Safety Stock. But is there also a maximum stock?

A simple example:

When the inventory quantity of a part in stock is zero, and the maximum stock is 10. IFS should suggest a Purchase Requisition after MRP with a qty of 10 pieces.

icon

Best answer by Arunalu 27 November 2020, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Assuming its planning method A, you can use the following. There is a field called ‘Max Lot Size’ in the Inventory Part > Planning Data tab > General sub tab. You can make it 10 here.

Taking your example and tweaking it a bit;

qty in stock = 0, demand for the same qty = 12, max lot size = 10

In the above example, after running MRP, the system will generate 2 PRs. 1 PR with a qty of 10 (Max Lot Size defined) and the other with a qty of 2 (to meet the total demand of 12).

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Arunalu,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. It is not entirely what we were searching for, but I understand there is no such thing as a max stock in IFS. Your suggestion is the best alternative and I will consider using it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Arunalu,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. It is not entirely what we were searching for, but I understand there is no such thing as a max stock in IFS. Your suggestion is the best alternative and I will consider using it.

Correct but not entirely correct.

You could consider using planning method C - order up to planning. This function, when the create order proposal job is run, will create supplies to get you to the order point defined. It isn’t a hard stop but it is useful if you have a single silo that needs refilling (for example). Just remember it is set at inventory part level - not location