Question

Bonded warehouse in a site-to-site flow

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all, need your help with solution design.

How would you configure bonded warehouse in IFS?

I have company A, B and C created in IFS, that have sites S1, S2 and S3 belonging to these companies accordingly

Company A is selling parts form their site S1 to Company C, but deliver parts via bonded warehouse of Company B and their site S2.

How should I configure in IFS, having PO-CO flow from S3 to S2 to S1, but not having sales transaction with Company B that is managing Site S2?

Goods flow - S1 → bonded warehouse managed by Company B → S3.

Financial flow Company A → Company C

Thank you for ideas!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

If we first focus on “Company A is selling parts from their site S1 to Company C, but deliver parts via bonded warehouse of Company B and their site S2.” This looks like an Inter-company > Int Purch Dir flow. But Company C being the external Customer.

After setting up inter-site inter-company data setup, try below.

A- Site 1 creates the external CO (X1) for the site 3 (customer should be the customer of site 3)

B-  Make sure CO X1’s Supply Code is Int Purch Dir

C- Release X1. Internal PO will be created to site S2. 

D- When the orders are communicated, CO (IC1) will be created at S2.

E- Process and deliver the goods from  CO IC1 at S2 to S3. (with correct usage of Int Purch Dir, this will deliver goods to S3)

Let me know your idea on this. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, sorry it took me so long to come back. Thank you for your suggestion.

I don’t understand one thing, if I have a Purch Dir or Int Purch Dir Supply Code, then Invoice is getting routed via extra site, but goods delivery happens directly.

So if I have S1<-S2<S3 with Int Purch Dir, then once CO on S3 will get delivered, I will only be able to receive it on S1, but invoice will be issued to S2 and then from S2 to S1. Or do I do something wrong?

I need opposite configuration actually. Goods go from S3 to S2 to S1, but invoice is only between S3 and S1.