Solved

Automatically append a message on Customer Order Confirmation

• 20 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

How can we automatically include a message on Customer Order Confirmations by Company?.  One of our companies is having a price increase.  They would like a message appended to each Customer Order Confirmation alerting customers of the price increase.  We are looking for an automated solution that is either company or site specific.  Since this is a time sensitive message, we would prefer not to modify the report to include the message.  We don’t want to depend on Customer Service to manually include the message.   We are looking for a flexible way to include time sensitive messages on customer documents.      

icon

Best answer by Thom C 22 January 2021, 20:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can enter a phase and have it print on your customer conformation report by company or site.  I have screen shot of the process for the proforma report.  You can use the report document for the Customer Order Confirmation, instead. Please let me know if this helps you to resolve your issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You can set up Document text for that.

This provides the option to print extra text on a Customer Order Confirmation.
Document Text requires Basic Data to be setup. 
This can be done in Application Base Setup / General Data / Document Text Administration. This contains Basic Data on below tabs:
  • Output Types
  • Phrases
  • Document Phrases

Check the documentation for more information :point_right:  IFS Online Documentation 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

All,

Thank you for your help.  I have followed your instructions and they have provided the desired results.  I would like to extend this functionality to Collective Invoices and Customer Order Invoices and possibly other customer facing reports.  I don’t see these documents listed.   Am I limited to the documents in this list?   

Thank you for your support

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Document 4 (Customer Order Debit Invoice) is the Customer Order Invoice report.

I don’t have an answer about collective invoices but my suspicion is that both reports share the same ‘document code’ (4). 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We couldn’t have accomplished this without the help of the community.  The process that was documented works great.  Outstanding!  I appreciate your assistance.