Question

approval template

• 7 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Is there a way to connect Supplier creation to an approval template? meaning a specific approval template comes automatically every time trying to create a supplier rather than adding a template manually each time. 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Abdul,

To have specific Approval Templates to be fetched for suppliers, these suppliers can be defined in the ‘Suppliers’ tab in the Purchase Order Authorization Rule screen (Procurement>Authorization>Purchase Order Authorization Rule)

In the Suppliers tab, you can specify for which suppliers the rule is to be used.

If you select the Apply Regardless of Supplier check box in the General tab, the rule will apply to all suppliers. If the check box is selected, the Suppliers tab will be disabled.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Damitha

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Abdul,

To have specific Approval Templates to be fetched for suppliers, these suppliers can be defined in the ‘Suppliers’ tab in the Purchase Order Authorization Rule screen (Procurement>Authorization>Purchase Order Authorization Rule)

In the Suppliers tab, you can specify for which suppliers the rule is to be used.

If you select the Apply Regardless of Supplier check box in the General tab, the rule will apply to all suppliers. If the check box is selected, the Suppliers tab will be disabled.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Damitha

Hey Damitha

I have tried your solution but still, it didn't set an approval process for the suppliers. 

I'm trying to set an automatic approval template for suppliers. So once I create a new supplier, this supplier has to be approved first. 

it can be done manually but i hope there is a way to be done automatically

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Abdulaziz,

It will not be simple to set this up easy, but you might have a look at:

Procurement\Authorization\Approved Suppliers List

It would mean that all parts get a purchase group. Each purchase group has approved suppliers.

One is not able to buy material if it is not from an approved supplier.

Think carefully before implementing this if you can maintain this in the future, in my opinion.

Unfortunately you can’t have the category on the General tab of the supplier left to Prospect until the approval is done.

Steve