Solved

Unable to update descriptions on Change Orders

• 6 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Bit of a strange one for you all. Our procurement team are able to create change orders in one of our companies and amend descriptions on the lines etc, but cannot do it in our other company, they get an error saying it needs to be in planned status, so they change it to planned and then get an error saying Description cannot be changed when status is not Released or Confirmed, yet it works fine in the other company. 

I have checked the base data but cannot find anything relating to change orders, and I don’t think its permission related if they can do it in the other company.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hayley

icon

Best answer by Lahiru Dissanayake 6 October 2021, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @HayleyG , 

Could you let us know the status of the Purchase Order line? (connected with Purchase Change Order which you get the mentioned error) 

Is it , Received ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Lahiru Dissanayake, yes the Purchase order line is Received status.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@HayleyG , 

Thanks for your confirmation. 

When the Purchase order change order(POCO) is in 'planned' status and when you tried to change the description then it gives you an error. (Error-“Description cannot be changed when status is not in Released or Confirmed.”). That's because the purchase order lines has another status other than 'Released' or 'Confirmed', if you do the same when the purchase order lines are having a Released/Confirmed it allows you to change the description. When you change the POCO to released it will not allow you to change it because it must be in 'planned' which is correct.

First error message is misleading as it can confuses the user that it’s the status of the POCO, therefore, RnD team has changed this error message later, as below via the App8 BUG ID 124067.

New Error- “Description cannot be changed when the status of the change order line connected to the purchase order line xxx-y-z is not Released or Confirmed.”

Probably, you haven’t yet installed this patch in your environments. 

Also, I believe in your correctly working scenario, Purchase order line has status Released or Confirmed.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@HayleyG , 

In summery, Application not allows to change the part description via change orders when the PO line status is other than Released or Confirmed. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Lahiru Dissanayake Thanks for you response. However, we cannot amend the Purchase order lines status to Released or Confirmed the options are greyed out, and it is not practical to un-receipt all the receipts as this particular orders is a call-off order.

Also we are able to create change orders and amend descriptions on our site 01 which are in Received status, we just don’t seem to able to on site 02.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Lahiru Dissanayake - Ignore my last message, I have been given incorrect information from our Procurement team. They cannot make these amendments in our other company on received order lines only on released ones.

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @HayleyG

Thanks for your confirmation. I was checking for the ways, how it can be possible to have 2 different scenarios in the same IFS track version. 

Anyway, It’s my pleasure to assist you here.