Solved

Supplier Setup

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

It seems that IFS is set up more for global purchasing where supplier settings (Buyers, Delivery & Order confirmation reminders, etc.) apply to the group and cannot be set differently for different sites if the same supplier ID is used. Often sites in our business have slightly different approaches to managing and expediting suppliers, and site buyers want the autonomy to apply their own settings for suppliers. I am reaching out to see if anyone has experience, thoughts or suggestions on how this should be resolved? Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by durette 21 October 2021, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

SVGJOHNSULL,

In apps9 I think there are at least the following options:

1. Prepare a template for the PO entry (I understand this is not a really handy solution if you have a lot of suppliers)
  2. Make use of events that will validate the data per site or change the data upon a save action (not always appriciated by users as they don't 'see’ it working). This will take most likely multiple events to be prepared.

I hope there is a better solution for the request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’ve seen this issue at multiple companies and have yet to see a cleaner solution than creating multiple supplier IDs.

Depending on your industry, you might lose quantity-sensitive pricing if you don’t buy centrally. Also, depending on your industry, you might end up creating duplicate part numbers if your engineering isn’t centralized.