Question

Supplier for Purchase Part - Price List Migration

• 22 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

I’m looking to perform a migration to the price list tab within Supplier for Purchase Part. This migration will include numerous parts/suppliers in the one migration.

So, I would want to create a new line in the price list tab for numerous parts/suppliers in the one job - I have this setup via an excel_migration job. However, I receive a ‘no operation’ error as follows:

All mandatory fields are defined (IFS docs say this is the reason for the error). Is this the best type of migration/even possible for this requirement? Or what type would be advisable.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, I have done this as long as there are no existing records on the price list for the supplier.  I’m not familiar with that error.  I have had no luck however updating those records for subsequent years.  We have decided to delete the existing records as we don’t need the history, then reload them again.  Here is the setup for the one that has worked with no existing records.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Extremely basic, nothing that should change your setup or matter really.

I setup an excel migration, this allows different parts/suppliers/sites to be entered on the one sheet with new prices. It also allows new price lists to be entered for parts that already have price lists (If not active). Next task is trying to automatically close an active price list when a new price is inserted via the migration tool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Extremely basic, nothing that should change your setup or matter really.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes, I have done this as long as there are no existing records on the price list for the supplier.  I’m not familiar with that error.  I have had no luck however updating those records for subsequent years.  We have decided to delete the existing records as we don’t need the history, then reload them again.  Here is the setup for the one that has worked with no existing records.

Thanks for the response, I have a migration job setup which can insert a new record to a price list with existing records. It’s very similar to the file mapping you have - what’s your formatting tab setup?