Question

Supersedes Part Functionality

• 6 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to understand Supersedes Part & Supersedes by Part field functionality available on Inventory part/Acquisition , please assist.

4 replies

Badge +2

Supersedes Part:
The number of the part that has replaced the earlier, if applicable. This information is used when performing deviation analysis and classification job for inventory parts. The superseded part will use the transaction history from the replaced part when performing jobs.

Superseded By Part:
The number of the part that has replaced the earlier, if applicable. This information is used when performing deviation analysis and classification job for inventory parts. The superseded part will not use its own transaction history for subsequent jobs. The transaction history of the superseded part gets inherited by the replacing part instead.

This is the process when you want to replace the existing part with other part number, so that all the relevant transaction details are maintained 

Hi Vipul,

I already got this information provided in the help tab. What I would like to know is what data is exactly transferred from the old Part No to the new Part No replacing it. e.g. Qty on hand, planning method and details, open transactions (ORs, POs..), historical transactions.

Can you please assist on this.

Thanks

Badge +3

Kindly let me know if the below comment helps:)

Can we change the UoM on an existing part? | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Dee21292 For a customer we have tried to use these fields to appear in the Engineering Part Revision with referenced custom fields. Nice and it worked for those revisions that have a limited number of consists of (per consist of also the supersedes info was retrieved). But with more than 100 rows this becomes easily a time consuming process, read more time needed to fill the overview screen with rows (in IFS9 at least).

We are now trying to find another solution for this.