Question

Store Advanced Search in Base Profile

• 21 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Our users would like to see a sum of the Price/Curr field on their Purchase Requisition Lines (generated via a work order). We can peform and advanced query and sum the field, however I do not see a way of saving this setting onto a base profile, this means we would need to perform the search every time.

Any way to keep this sum field always on? We are using Apps 9 and are on the latest update.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @hwilkie,

If you want to change the base profile, you need to logon with an administrator user. Then go to teh option tab User profile. There you can select a base profile which you want to change. If you have set this, you can make changes and add saved searches to it. When you are done with the changes, you need to save the profile. When users (attached to that base profile) logon again, the saved searches should be available for them.

Besides this, I would recommend to create a Custom field (Read Only) on the PR lines. This makes it even easier to make the save search (no need for an advanced search then) and the users can see the value as well. 

Hopes this helps you,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi - thank you for the reply.

I’m aware of how to make amendments to personal/base profile. 

My question was mainly on how to get the Sum line set as standard on a profile without having to perform the saved search each time. If I create a custom field on the PR line then the total is going to appear on each line, whereas I just want one line containing the total for ease of reference.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You are only going to be able to see the sum line by running the search or making the custom field.  You can’t just have the sum line on all of the time for a single field as it is specific to the search that was last run.  

You would need a MOD to the core part of IFS to have the opening query default to a Group By function which is definitely not worth the pain and expense of doing so.

It really isn’t that hard to run the search, it just has to be sold to the users.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks for the reply @ShawnBerk it sounds like a custom field is the most viable option.

I agree it isn’t difficult to run a search, but it’s not a very efficient way of doing it. It adds an extra unecessary step in the process of raising a requisition.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @hwilkie,

Maybe you can try the following.

I do not know what the users want to search for, but in this example I added now only the WO NO.

Make a save search with the group and sum and ad the WO No as a parameter (by using &):

When you save this search and add it in the shortcuts (is also available in the navigator), then the user has only to press the saved search and fill in teh work order number and the sum is executed.

In case that users query on more fields than only on WO, you can add those as a parameter as well by using the &. 

Hopefully this helps you out.

Good luck,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you @EqeRobertK  I could give that a try.

Basically our users create requisitions with the No Part Requisitions Lines tab on the Requisitions tab of a work order. They suggested it would be useful to see the total of the req lines before transferring them through to a purchase order. This would act as a quick sense check that they have the correct prices/qty entered (especially if the requisitions contains a lot of lines).