Question

Stopped Purchase Order in MRP

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello Community,

For some reason we have to put the purchase order to a stopped status. Because the order cannot be changed from the published status to the planned status.
However, for purchase orders with the status of Stopped, MRP creates demand again. 

Do you have a basic data or suggestion for a different solution to include in this situation?

Regards,

Barış

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@baris.halici without freezing the PO (stop), can’t you try to stop the order being released/changed by using PO authorisations? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura When I freeze an order with released status, MRP ignores that order and creates new requests. I couldn't figure out what to do instead. And I couldn't understand what you said.

Regards,

Barış

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@baris.halici , yes, when you freeze the order, it is not considered for MRP. I am asking whether you can use PO authorisations to temporally hold the POs from being released. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura

If I understand correctly, are you asking if I can/can't temporarily remove Released entitlement from users?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@baris.halici, No. You can use Purchase Authorisation functionality in IFS. 

See below, 

Now you cant release this PO until it is Authorised. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Vimukthi Mahakumbura 

Thank you very much for your answers. But unfortunately there will be no solution.
What I actually wanted to know was whether it is possible to include the frozen order in the MRP. Now, I don't think such a situation is possible.

Regards,

Barış

Badge +2

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura, I am also exploring the Freeze status. Our business case calls for releasing the PO initially (authorized if necessary) but then blocking the receipt of parts. This is done when we do not have the final prices from the supplier yet they need a PO number to put things in motion. The procurement team would like to be able to update the prices prior to receipt and have control over this. So, to re-phrase the question, is there a way to block a released PO line from being received?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@semihbulat , Why can’t the procurement team do this in a Authorization step? When they have the prices, they update the PO lines, authorize and then release PO line. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Perhaps you could create a custom field to control when the PO line is finished (regarding prices) and

1. Use a custom event to block the receipt retrieving the value of this custom field.
  1. Or else, populate the Register Arrivals window with a pre-defined search using this custom field to just receive the finally priced PO lines.
Badge +2

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura, thanks for your reply. To elaborate on the business case:

• The supplier needs a PO number to start moving on their side.
  • It is not OK to provide the number of a PO in “planned” status to a supplier, as it would prevent us from having any kind of change control. We would like to be able to release a PO yet not allow receiving certain lines temporarily - controlled by the procurement team.
  • First two bullets above lead us to release the PO, and perform authorizations if necessary. Please note that not all items may require authorization.

Hence, my question remains. Is there an out-of-the-box process to temporarily freeze the receipt of a PO without it being removed from the MRP supply calculations?

@Pilar Franco, thanks for your reply. If and when we determine that standard functionality does not exist for us to achieve our goal stated above, your creative suggestion may very well be our plan B. Thanks again...

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

We have the same problem with Mr. @semihbulat. When I get an answer to the question, my problem will be solved too.